How to delete windows live messenger beta

Solved/Closed
Gigi - Oct 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM
 Sammi - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Hi can someone help me to remove windows life messenger beta fron my pc I just i dont want anymore on my pc nn thank you
Related:

73 responses

The simplest solution would be to ddl this:

<a href="http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe target="_blank"></a>

Install it.
After u're done installing it, launch it and it's going to ask u to choose which program to remove ( that is, to repair the setup installer ).
Choose WLM.
Then it's gonna help u remove that.

Tadaa ;)

Any prob ? well e-mail me, I can provide u remote-support too :)
Belated Merry X-Mas & Happy New 09

P.S DO NOT REPLY ME HERE AS PROBS ARE THAT I MAY DROP IN HERE AGAIN. DO E-Mail ME IN CASE.
Smoking Frog!

Your a legend!
Smoking frogs your a legend mate!

The "to uninstall messenger 9 beta , start->run and type msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}"
worked perfectly thankyou very much!
Thanks ... Smoking frog .. it look so great work.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Smoking frog your a legend :D
this is so annoying ! ive deleted beta but now can not install 8.5 please help !
i have deleted Windows Live Messenger but now when i go to download Windows Live Messenger 8.5 its giving me and error.
anything i can do to fix it ?
umm yeah i had to system restore cuz i think msn made it so i couldnt log on . . or well nothing would load and then after i restored my laptop to defualt i guess i tried to intsall wml 9 and it wouldnt install like the install shield would finish but then no install would come up and then when i tried to remove it bkoz it hasnt fully been installed i cant use that run msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859} bkoz it says "this action is valid for products that are currently installed" so then i tried to install a older vrsn of msn 7.5 and 8.5 and it says you have a updated version of msn cant install or wateva so im wondering how do i get my msn going again . . . >.>
i found a really really easy way to delete windows beta xx
ive got msn back but its only 8.0 not 8.5 it still works great though :) it was mainly the handy unistaller that did it so thanks alot !
i have a solution for your problem, why don't you call me to... haha just kidding go to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301 and there is a downloadable program there (windows clean up), download the program, install it, then run it (it should be on the start menu programs). A window is going to appear with a list, look for 'windows live messenger' and select REMOVE. After that, install another version of live messenger that it is not 2009 beta (altrough theres a beta version that does work) and you should be able to sign in...

Saimum
i have a solution for your problem, why don't you call me to... haha just kidding go to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301 and there is a downloadable program there (windows clean up), download the program, install it, then run it (it should be on the start menu programs). A window is going to appear with a list, look for 'windows live messenger' and select REMOVE. After that, install another version of live messenger that it is not 2009 beta (altrough theres a beta version that does work) and you should be able to sign in.

saImum
thanks somuh michael it worked like magic :) beta sucks !! dont download it!!!
Hi there,

I really dont like Windows Messenger 9. But I don't know where to download the version under this. It's really annyoing because you cant use Messenger Plus!

Please help me..
Amy
Go to start then control panel uninstall programs click the one u want to uninstall
Ok I tried all the methods Ive read so far in this thread (well the first 3 diff solutions). This is wut i did go to control panel and u might see this program = Windows Live Essentials -> do as if ud be uninstallin it and eventually will give u options of which windows live product to remove/unisntall.

hope it works for u,

Luis
Correction or addition actually just remove the entire windows live products under Windows Live Essentials from Control Panel. This way ull be able to remove msg 2009 and install an older version. btw just in case im usin vista 64 bits.

peace out,
Luis
One last thing, u could just remove the whole Windows Live Essentials and also Windows Live Sign In Assistant. Once u did that u should follow this suggestion: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090114193831AARCsMH and Id suggest u to download that link version of msg 8.5 rather than the one u got, unless u got it from the same place (duh). try using wutever program or file is suggestin u to execute. All these should uninstall msg beta 9 and reinstall msg 8.5 without problems.

Luis
hi .. i have the samer problem in my pc .. :S but .. i have find the best solution : maybe u have forgot the systeme restore!! go to start-->all prgms-->accesesories-->systeme tools -->systeme restor s small windowns will appear ..(if they asked u <<do u have turn on..>> maybe restore don't help u !) but iff a windowns opened normaly ..press next .. and u will find a calendre .. press the day that u wanttt restorrrr ur pc ( choose the day b4 the day that ur isntall the msn ) pc will shut down .. and hopee that help u
other solution that i have choose it (bz my pc is bad ..and wehn i open sysntem restor..it appear a blanc windows :S) ..u can get forn internet ..msn 8.5 portable ! u don't havbe to install him .. just click on him .. and it will hels u .. and u will have 2 msn ..msn 8.5 prtb and 14 beta (that u can leave it alone ..)
Well i restored to a day or two back my windows from SYSTEM RESTORE then i headed to control panel after the reboot and just UNINSTALLED anythin tht had to do with the Windows Live Messenger. I am installin at the moment the messenger 8.5 to be all cool.. Hope i helped.. xD
saimum, you're the man! thanks!
Rooney Toonezz
Feb 16, 2009 at 09:43 AM
:) Hey,
Ive had the exact same problem!
But ive just figured,
1.Go on to control panel and go on unintstall programmes..
2. Wait for it ALL to load
3. Then click windows live essentials
4. Click uninstall
5. A box will appear, and you click unistall programme ;)

HOPE it works :)
thx alto saimum this link realy worked https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301 live messenger 9 sucks 8.5 too much better