Ares won't connect can you help me

Solved/Closed
Shy-Money - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 02:25 PM
 Grateful - Aug 4, 2019 at 06:55 AM
Hello, I have Ares 2.0.8,3029 and it won't connect. It keeps on saying "connecting" for hours. But does not connect! I don't know what to do! I want to connect my internet so I can download music online. Can you please help me?

System Configuration: Windows XP Safari 525.21

64 responses

hey I am having the same problem to I have tried for hours ans still nothing I dont know what is going on.
your isp has blocked them
how do you turn isp off??
Joehill > harold
Aug 20, 2009 at 02:00 PM
LOL.
stop paying for internet!
Exactly what I've been thinking.

Does everyone here have Verizon DSL?
thespidersystem
Nov 23, 2008 at 07:04 PM
I have the same problem. But, only on Vista. Hey, if you want to make some money online, check out http://haveahappyday.info Thanks.................
hey can u please tell mee how can I get out of this problem....it keeps connecting for hours....
how can I make ares 2 0 9 3030 connect
hi I have the same version of ares as u I had it 4 yrs. then my b/f deleted his user account on my com. so I had 2 find it & reinstall it again ever since then it won't connect like u I just wanted 2 no if u found a solution 2 ur problem so I can 2 thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Spook433 Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday November 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2008 3
Nov 29, 2008 at 08:43 PM
I had the same problem. I tried for ages, downloading Ares again, changing things. I finally gave up and downloaded LimeWire. That works OK. I did like Ares, but it was not worth the hassle to me.
Hello, my name Shyheem and I have ares 2.0.8,3029 and it won't connect it keep saying connecting for hours and I don't know what to do so that it will say online so I can start downloading music.Can you please help me !!!!!!!!!!
I think I know what is the problem.

My desktop is connected with DSL and Ares is working fine there but when I installed it on my laptop which is connected to internet with Wi Fi it dont work. I tried it on 3 different wi fi computers but it wasnt waorking, then I pluged my laptop with DSL then it start working.... Try to do that il will work
Could it be possible this is a Wi Fi problem? I am connecting through a wifi connect I if that is the source of my problem?
Yes,I too have had nothing but trouble trying to get Ares to connect.I've left it running for DAYS before,and still nothing.I have tried all of the newer version also.
The ONLY version that worked for me(windows XP with SP3) WAS and IS version 2.
I have tried SO many fixes and tricks,to no avail.
Get version 2 that is post here,and use that one.
And btw...thanks to Rayados for that info.
I used to have the setup for version 2,but my system crashed the other day,so I had to buy a new HD and start over.
Also...I too am on a wireless laptop,and Ares,V. 2 is connected and working right now.

Thanks!
Hi all! Yesterday i've formatted my pc.I was using Ares destiny since 2 yrs now.Everytime I format my pc I note the incoming port. But this time I forgot to note the incoming port so I had big trouble connecting to Ares.So I was searching for solution then came across this site.I've tried all sites but this site is fantastic.I downloaded new ares from this site( https://aresgalaxy.io/ and installed it.Gwallaaaa to my surprise it instantly connected.

So Jashua,u r absolutely right........thanks for ur help.really appreciate it.

So folks every one who has problem plz try this it works.................
It hasn't worked for me! I have tried trick and tip after tip and trick and nothing is working!!
same with me.... I tried it all and nothing... it still says connecting
this worked for me...thanks
I took the advise from the guy above and it worked fro me.

"go into the control pannel and click on transfer, theres a box saying what port to use. delete that number then close ares down. then reload ares and a different port number would have been found. then ares will start working."
I have the same thing, Ares 2.1.1, and I keep getting "connecting" but it wont connect. Not one of the replies on this site has worked for me. I am pulling my hair out here. It worked fine last week, now it dont. What can I do?
I tried everything listed. Uninstalling and reinstalling, disconnecting and reconnecting, removing all default connection options, all of it. The only thing that worked for me was going into the control panel, clicking on the 'transfer' tab, finding the box with the port number, deleting that number, closing Ares and restarting. Good luck, this is the only thing that worked for me.
i have another problem
the only way the latest version of ares connects on my pc is when I delete the port number it found by itself.the moment I delete that,it goes online.it now seems to be a manual override all the time.any suggestions?
Well I've tried everything and I got fed up so I decided to try frostwire. It didn't connect either but unlike ares there was a message saying it detected a firewall. I let it through my windows firewall but its still saying theres a firewall so I just need to find that firewall (i didnt even know about it...)
U ppl helped me....!!!
So many thanks to all of u!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless u. :)
I had the same problem, tried everything that everyone said and it still didn't work. Finally, when I was browsing for a different filesharing program, I ran into an about.com page which redirected me here http://freewarecentral.net/ares-211/?gclid=CLuZ64nP2JsCFSgYa­godElbxAA
this is ares 2.1, the only difference between this one and earlier versions is the internet browser. When you download it, it will come up as something else (because it is bundled with crap). Just let it finish downloading, and then uninstall the program that was bundled with it. It should connect immediately.
I found it go to transfer section hit locate file, find any song double click on it to play it and bang, connected!
Steve-Monster, on Thursday October 30, 2008 08:06:32 PM

This is the solution that worked for me after years of mystery, if you dont mind im gonna re post it and add my thang...

Hi, had same problem when I reloaded windows os,just says connecting and thats all,but as luck would have it. I had my shared folder on a second drive,not on the default ares folder I do this to have more space for my downloads.What happens is as soon as I changed folder from ares default to my second drive,which of course I named ares shared folder,restarted ares and as soon as it started loading my downloads ares connected online,tried this with my mates pc,taking my drive to his pc,dragging and dropping into his newly created ares shared folder,again not ares default,and ares connected onlline,only tried this the two times,hope it works for you.

I have a portable so I d/c`ed ares went to my portable hd and created a ` my sharing folder` folder, went to ares changed the default dir to h/my sharing folder, tried to connect again and it connected within 3 seconds. the only thing that worked. I am using 2.1.1. or something like that, the latest one anyway
Just go to www.java.com and downlaod java....It worked for me
I have a similar problem on my computer, but with one slight difference: Ares will work on ONE user account, the account that was active when it was originally installed. First it was my sister's account, wouldn't work on any others, then we had our computer's hard drive wiped, and it was installed through my account, and now I am the only one who can connect. Re-installing the program with another account didn't change anything, either. I've checked all the settings in the different accounts, but as far as I can see, there are no differences, just that in one account it works, in another it inexplicable doesn't.

If your user account is not the one that had installed ares on your computer for the first time, try borrowing the user account that did. Might work, might not, I have no idea.