Ares Not Connecting on my PC [Solved/Closed]

nischita - Oct 21, 2008 at 04:09 AM - Latest reply:  iacapa
- Oct 20, 2015 at 02:16 PM
Hello,
Ares isn't getting connected on my PC no matter how many ever times I re install the software.
So is there any solution for this?
the version is ares 2p2 2.0.8.
Pls help me out guys!
See more 

28 replies

Best answer
Thank you
k I got a solution try it.... open ares and go to control panel go to transfer and c the port number copy it then go to windows firewall and click on exceptions and then click add port then type in the name ares and select the port as TCP and paste that port number. do the same thing 2nd time but it shuld be udp. this should work

Thank you, sj 56

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1692 users this month

and what about widows 8 ?
THANK YOU ! Not able to use WMP for some reason. I had Cyberlink already. This free download fixed my problem in about 45 sec. Thank You..Thank You !
This worked perfect for me. I had downloaded multiple times and tried other suggestions but this one worked amazingly!
ya what about windows 8?
I went back to Ares 2.0.9.30.30 and it works just fine!
Thank you
Hmmmm do u have another solution for widows7 !!
i tried the one u said but I could fint the expections
Thank you
thank u it got connected using the port number idea.
Thank you
Port thing worked like a charm. Thanks SJ
Thank you
i have tried eveything... I am using windows vista and I have a wireless connection. also my computer is a hp touchsmart... I need help to get my ares to connect.
Per409 1 Posts Saturday August 29, 2015Registration date August 30, 2015 Last seen - Aug 30, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Thank you
only version I could get to work on 8 is 2.1.0.3031
My isp controls the router so no port forwarding.
Start it, search something simple ex Elvis, click a few downloads and it should connect. btw it will find downloads while still connecting.
Thank you
hey ur copy and paste thing is a charm chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm
Thank you
thx man you realiy help me there :)
hey thanx for ur advice but I tried it manyyyyyyyyyyyy times but it didnt work
zxine 1 Posts Tuesday November 26, 2013Registration date November 26, 2013 Last seen - Nov 26, 2013 at 03:48 AM
if there still got problem on your ares to download, you should install it again by downloading it from cnet only... Im done.