Black screen, can't boot even from safe mode!

Closed
princepaul - Apr 8, 2010 at 01:14 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 8, 2010 at 06:22 AM
I got this damn virus a couple days ago. Found out about malware bytes, downloaded it onto a USB from a different computer, and managed to install it on mine and remove a lot of spyware. My internet was working okay again, and I wasn't getting anymore fake 'your computer has a virus' pop-ups.

It seemed to be taking a few rounds to clean everything off my computer. A couple times while scanning with malware bytes, my computer froze up. I manually shut down, rebooted, rescanned, and continued to erase rogue files.

Then, just when I thought I had the virus licked, I have found that I can't boot my computer anymore. When I turn the power on now, the Toshiba name shows briefly, and then the computer goes quiet and the screen just looks black. I don't even get to see 'Windows'. I reboot and press f8, but when I try to access safe mode, or any variants thereof, all I get is a series of lines that read computer gibberish to me. They show file names and each line includes the word 'partition' and some digits and other stuff I don't understand. Has anyone else experienced this? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Apr 8, 2010 at 06:22 AM
Hello Paul,

Many have experienced the same as you.

It is difficult to work on a black screen.

Had you come to me before you used Malwarebyte the second time, I would have recommended ComboFix.

Now can you boot on your CD and choose r for repair?

Good luck