XP crashing almost everyday

Closed
Adi - Apr 12, 2010 at 04:35 AM
 Adi - Apr 16, 2010 at 01:15 AM
Hi All,

I have a PC with XP and recently the OS crashed due to a power failure. The UPS was not adequately charged and the PC turned off. When I started it it was fine. Watched a movie, shut it down and the next day when I boot the system i get :

drive(0) partition (0)... system32 and a series of these error messages.

Called a local tech and was advised to reinstall XP.

Did that and the next day again the same issue. This time I reinstalled XP (again) and defragged the complete hard disk. (XP is with SP2. Windows update installs SP3 from the updates site).

The PC was fine for a day or two and suddenly yesterday it showed me the same error - partition (0) etc. Booting in safe mode / last known good config does not work. I see a blue screen with white text for a fraction of a second and then it reboots in a loop.

Please help. I am going crazy trying to fix this. Its crashed over 4 times in 3 days.

P.S. Here is the config i have :

Asus M3A78EM motherboard

2 x 2 GB RAM

1 Terrabyte HDD (seagate)

AMD 6000+ / 64k / 3.2 GHz processor

1 GB Nvidia Graphic card

thanks is advance folks.
Related:

1 response

resintalled XP successfully and next day again the same error : drive(0) partition (0)

now sometimes the computer says cannot locate HDD or gets stuck at loading \windows.

I have deleted the C: partition every single time while reinstalling and also formatted the new partition using NTFS and quick format.

please help. is this a HDD issue? my HDD is a 1GB HDD and i have over 500GB of data.