Laptop Dies While on Wall Power

Closed
LexManos - Apr 13, 2010 at 01:22 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Apr 13, 2010 at 02:18 AM
I have a laptop that is about 2 years old.
It works while on battery power, and the plug will charge the battery.
But if I try to plug it in while running. It will cause the entire computer to shut down. Instantly. No software warning. No fans kick in. Simply dead.
I've cleaned the insides, I've replace the power supply a few times. Obviously tried different wall outlets/locations.
I've also replaced every piece of hardware save for the Hard Drive, MotherBoard, and LCD.

I am REALLY hoping someone will have a stroke of genius and have and idea on how to fix this without replacing the entire motherboard. Or at least have a way of diagnosing exactly what on the board is wrong.

It's a Toshiba Sattelite A205
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 13, 2010 at 02:18 AM
HI there,

It must be an ic or on the motherboard and this can be fixed,take to a professional in electronics and computer repairs to solve this issue else you will definitely need to change the battery and motherboard.

Thanks