When plugged in laptop overheats and dies.

Closed
Alex.Kraft - 12 Apr 2010 à 19:43
closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 - 13 Apr 2010 à 04:15
I have a custom built laptop from ibuypower.com It's about 2.5 years old and I've been running it pretty much as a PC since the screen broke. (I've kept it plugged it almost constantly for about a year and a half). Recently, when I plug the power chord in and start a program, after about 10 minutes the fan kicks on to full and after about an hour or two of this it dies on me. I opened the back and cleaned the fan, so it isn't an issue with ventilation, but it is surely an overheating issue, I'm just not sure what. Any help would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 2,099
13 Apr 2010 à 04:15
Hi there,

As you mentioned you already opened and cleaned it ,ill advise to sweep thermal paste and add new fresh to it and also use a usb laptop cooler pad for solving overheating issue.

Thanks