Internet has become Slow

Closed
Sudesh - Apr 14, 2010 at 02:02 AM
 Sudesh - Apr 29, 2010 at 06:53 AM

From past few days my internet has become pretty slow. but i am very sure the internet speed has nothing to do with my ISP, because when i play online using Garena client i get a pretty damn good speed, but when i start to browse using IE7 or Firefox the speed jus drops. it takes approx 2-4 mins to open any webpage.

i am not sure if this is because of Virus, malware or bots.

any advice or suggestions or help would be appreciated

Rgds,
Sudesh

P.s. - do let me know if anymore information/clarification is needed.
Related:

8 responses

Try cleaning up the temporary internet files and cookies ( i suppose you dont have any critical saved passwords etc. in cookies ).
This can be done both in IE and Mozilla by going to options page
Tools->Internet options in IE and Options in Mozilla.

another thing you could do is to restart your external modem / lan router is you have one.

try to ping a site say google.com from command ping and see the reponse time. Does it take same in browser or more.

Dont think it could be virus but to be sure you should run a anti-malware/antivirus tool ( one with recent updates )
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Apr 14, 2010 at 09:01 AM
Yep, I highly recommend you to scan your computer with anti-malware or anti-adware program too, most likely your browser is infected with some kind of malwares that affect browsing speed.

You can also test to use other browsers (Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, etc) and see how it goes.

dawooddoe
Home Network & Wireless Network Help
Thanks Awadhesh,

i did an cleanup activity for cookies and all the temp files including ones under prefetch folder. but i am not sure why ONLY my browsing speed has been affected.

i have also done a complete system virus scan using Norton with latest anti-virus definitions. but anyways i will try running an anti-malware ( any suggestions on anti-malware, which is the best but for free?)

Thanks,
Sudesh

P.S - this slow thing is only with my browsers, where as with online gaming using Garena everything is perfect.
Thanks dawooddoe,

but i have already tried with all the possible browsers except Chrome.

Any recommendation on which software to be used for anti-malware and anti-adware

will a system restore help?

Thanks,
Sudesh

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Apr 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM
You can try Ad-aware, it's my favorite anti-spyware tool.
Problem solved! :-D

After a lot of RnD on my MS registry and tried to figure out what new was added into registry (as i had backup of my previous registry aprrox 3 weeks old) and also in parallel i used a tool called Registry Repair by Glarysoft and wolla my internet speed is back.

anyways thanks everyone for all the help!

if anyone has similar problem like one i had do let me know, i can help.

Thanks
Sudesh
Looks like the problem is BACK. i guess FORMATTing is only the way out. :(
I have the same problem,I have doing formmating two times but its doesn't help,
Thats sad fafangio. I am sure the formatting will help for me. have u tried registry repair tools and antimalware scanner?

if any luck plzzz do let me know fafangio

Thanks,
Sudesh
i think this is due to some cable problems under sea which are to be resolved in few days
Cables are not the cause here....