Cd dvd wont open

Closed
billg - Oct 22, 2008 at 10:13 PM
 DP - Jun 29, 2010 at 03:41 PM
Hello,
i am trying to install a update from dell to my cd/dvd when i download the update and run it it opens a ( sfdnwin) box which shows drive name model name ( blank ) old version (blank) new version ( blank ) download file( says not open) and status (blank ) when i click on the button to download the file in the upper left of the sfdnwin box it get the message ..flash file not open .. that is for when i try to update the drivers... also what noticed is any cd dvd i put into my drives e and f.. instead of running the programs it does not and i go look at the drive with cd or dvd in it i get a box that wants me to burn a cd instead of seeing the files on the cd or dvd .. i am running windows vista ultimate 32 bit on a dell xps 410 .. any help would be much appreciated thanx bill
Related:

3 responses

In the upper right corner of the SFDNWIN interface click the left button to open the folder containing SFDNWIN.exe.

There you will find a file called U306.BIN. Double click on that.

You will see that now your SFDNWIN's field are updated with the necessary information.

Go ahead and click download. It will work this time and will prompt you to restart your computer after it is done downloading.

The firmware will install automatically upon restart.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM
If you were doing a firmware update to the CD/DVD and used the wrong input file. You may have broken the drive. I would call Dell and tell them your tale.
thanks i tried they are as usual lost