Office 2008 [Solved/Closed]

-
 MJ -
Hello,

I installed Office 2008 for Mac.

I needed to uninistall it and re-install under a different product key.

The computer remembers the key and I need to know how to change it.

10 replies

To remove Office licence you only have to remove two files

delete ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist
Delete /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4023 users have said thank you to us this month

Thank you! I've been trying to install this for hours - your code finally did the trick. I've never had difficulty with this Mac until I tried to install a Microsoft product. Figures.
Hi merlocke,

Thanks for your post here. Worked perfectly.

Tempe.
Couldn't get the terminal commands to work, but searched for both files in Finder and moved to trash that way. Then tried to open a Office application and it asked for the new license number, so all's good. Thanks.
Many thanks for you help mate - worked perfectly.
Does it work with Office 2008 for mac?
when i enter the product key and press continue nothing at all happens aven when i change the key,
i have the same problem, plis help!!
Registration date
Thursday October 16, 2008
Status
Last seen
May 12, 2009
when you launch the installation once again cant you get the option to change the license code or else somewhere where you can modify it?
You can follow the instructions on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wBylp3iFc0

Can use the product keys but, please don't register on line.
hi i just downloaded a ms office 2008 mac trial version .would you be able to send me a key that works along wd instruction please?

same as above ^
Thanks! It works!
This solution does not seem to help in my case.
I originally installed Office on 2 different macbooks using the same serial number, then bought a SECOND copy of the software bc I was getting annoyed everytime I kept getting shut out for the above error message. But, after going through the prescribed procedures to delete the “plist” files and install the new code (which didn't resolve the issue), followed by a complete uninstall and reinstall of the program, I still get the error message as long as both computers are connected to the same network and running Word at the same time.
Please help!
I am having the same problem as Chris. It remembered the hardware fingerprint. Any one know how to locate the Hardware Fingerprint?
same here, i have done everything that is supposed to be done, but it always remembers my old key. even after trash and reboot, the setup assistant never asks for a new product code.......
Please go to /Macintosh HD/Users/[select user name]/library/preferences and move the Microsoft folder to trash.

Again go to macintosh HD/Library/ and move the microsoft folder to trash.

Launch microsoft application and it will ask u to activate. Activate the same with the new activation key.

Regards,
Prashanth
Hi,

I tried the terminal trick and it didn't work...

any other clues
alguem tem ai o serial do office 2008 for windows?