Anti Virus protector problem

Closed
Jonny - Apr 18, 2010 at 06:24 PM
 Gervarod - Apr 18, 2010 at 08:15 PM
Hello,
I don't know if anybody can help but here goes. on my laptop I have two little pages mine and my wifes when I click on my icon it then takes me to my normal page with the rest of my icons aol internet explorer the bottom start toolbar etc.....well while on the the internet (aol) I somehow managed to get anti virus protector on and now it has completly taken over my screen I can not move it or get rid of it basically it just keeps scanning and scanning and the only think that pops up is a registartion form from them and that is it cant do anything at all! so I loggedon to my wifes and just had a blank black page so my doing control alt delete I managed to go back and bring up task manager a feature which I cannot use on mine (maybe coz I am admistartor) and that is the only way I can then get on too aol or anything however my wifes account is only as a standard user and mine is the adminstartor so all info leads to downloading something called malware however this is not a option for me as I can only get on the internet by my wifes acc. and ctrl alt delete and start task then open etc.... so how do I download anything to git rid of this horrd thing? when I log into my acc. all I get is the page (takes up whole screen pretty much) anti virus protector? what do I do? I dont really wanna wipe the whole thing if that is even possible as I have personal family pics on there and I dont have the money to take it into a shop

Most gratefullfor all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

2 responses

Hi there
my name is nav and yes i have a simple solution for your problem.
Just follow my instructions :-

1) download CCleaner
2) install CCleaner and run it.
3) download Malewarebytes
4) install and run malewarebytes
5) after running theses 2 software your problem will be solved.

If you are unable to find these software just use the following link

CCleaner

https://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=mncol

Malewarebyte

https://download.cnet.com/

Please rate if it helps.
Thanks.
nav...
The programs like AntiVirus Protector are known throughout the online world as rogue anti-spyware programs. These programs cause false positives to appear on your screen, telling you that you need this program to rid your hard drive of dozens of potentially harmful spyware programs, malware programs and viruses. Unfortunately, downloading the full version of the program, as the ads tell you to do, is not quite what you would expect. AntiVirus Protector seems to be the same program as AntiVirus Protection 3.3.

Please can you boot in safe mode with networking? if you can.

Virus Protector is one of the most difficult rogue Horse Trojan virus to crush and lets send it to the glue factory.

I will prescribe to you, I mean for the Horse, a powerful poison but please do follow these instructions carefully.

1. Download Combofix

From here:

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

2. Before running the tool, disconnect your modem

3. Disable your antivirus as Combofix may see it as a virus (for some anyway)

4. Close all applications

5. Run the tool

In the course of the scan, your system may restart or you may be asked to restart, don't be alarmed, it is normal.

After Combofix, your system should be as clean as an angel's underwear!:)))

After, please, just to be and remain on the safe side, turn off your system restore for about 30 to 45 seconds and create a new fresh restore point that you can always come back to in case of need.

Best regards, Gervarod

or
reboot your computer in the Safe mode with command prompt.

Once Windows loaded, command prompt (black window) opens. Type notepad and press Enter.

A notepad window opens. Type the following text into notepad:

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Provider=Myantispyware.com

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=regsec

[regsec]
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon,Shell,0x00000020,"Explorer.exe"

Save this as fix.inf to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad). Close Notepad.

In the command prompt type Explorer.exe and Press Enter. Windows Explorer opens. Locate the fix.inf, click right button and select Install. Close Windows Explorer.

In the command prompt type shutdown -r and press Enter. Your computer will be rebooted.

Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to "Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" and Launch "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware". Then click Finish.

Insure to update Malwarebyte

Please return to for further instructions.
Before installing it, just in case the virus is self protective and prevent Malwarebyte from running, rename it Kioskea.exe.

Install and update it.
and a full system scan might get rid of it.
Regards, Gervarod