Cannot delete yahoo messenger

Closed
santho - Oct 25, 2008 at 07:48 PM
 JadeCryingwolf - Oct 3, 2009 at 03:17 AM
Hello,
Mine is windows xp home edtion. I hv bn using Yahoo messsenger for a while, recently I tried to upgrade it to the latest version but I could not complete the upgradation due to certain reasons. The next day when I clicked on the yahoo messenger logo the window is not opening up. So I decided to uninstall this programme from my computer by add or removing programme. But it says it is unwise. Again I went component by component and deleted some files.
Now my computer is not allowing me to uninstall this programme 100%.
Could somebody help me to uninstall this programme 100%, as I no longer need this programme.
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 25, 2008 at 09:25 PM
Download Advanced WindowsCare V2 for www.iobit.com (it FREE) load the program and let it update your system.

It will clean out your registry and just might fix the problems you caused by deleting the files.

I might not fix everything but it's not likely to cause any harm.

This is the RIGHT way to do the delete Yahoo Messenger:

If you are frequently facing problems with your Yahoo Messenger and want to remove it from your system, perform the following steps:

1. Log out of Yahoo Messenger and exit the application.
2. Open the Start menu from the taskbar and select Control Panel.
3. Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
4. Browse through the list in the Add or Remove Programs window and select the Yahoo! Messenger option.
5. Select the Change/Remove button.
6. On the Yahoo! Messenger dialog box, select the Finish button to complete the installation process.
7. Restart your computer, if the uninstallation process doesn't restart it automatically.
8. Navigate to Yahoo folder in Program Files (C:\Program Files\Yahoo) and delete it.
Note: Remember that in doing so, you may lose all of your saved archives.
9. Finally, open the Registry Editor by running the regedit.exe file and navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ registry entry, delete Yahoo, and exit the Registry Editor window.
but I could not find yahoo messenger in control panel. there is no program named yahoo messenger in my pc, this is the problem.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > reza
Feb 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM
download Revo Uninstaller (it's free) and use it to uninstall yahoo messenger

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
BroVic Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 21, 2009 > xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019
Mar 21, 2009 at 02:21 PM
Hi.

I have the same problem. I downloaded the Revo Uninstaller and it would not uninstall Yahoo Messenger via the in-built uninstaller. When I selected the "Remove Entry" option, Yahoo Messenger could no longer be found in Add/Remove Programs. How do I now make sure that there are no pieces of this pesky program left.

BTW I brought this on myself when I tried to update to the latest version of Y Messenger...
Hi
I've got the same problem with Yahoo messenger - cannot find it Anywhere- you are not the only one with the problem of how to delete it.
kiin
hi , i had the same problem you had , and i went to IT counciler AND unfortunatly he could'nt help regarding this issue, after i detremine to solve this problem by my self , cause it give me hard time , so it begin when i tried to open yahoomsngr , but it wont open ..... then tried to uninstalled but it stuck and wont complete the process , so i went to c:\ programme file > yahoo! try to delete the file , but it says , ((the disk full or write protected )) , i installed uninstaal software and uninstalled yahoo by force , it work but the files remain in c;\ drive so i go back to start > run > type msconfig > disable [] yahoo in run startup system , then come back to c:\ programme file > yahoo! > and delete the files , {{ I HOPE IT WORK WITH YOU }} AND I GUESS WHICH CAUSE THIS PROBLEM IS THERE SOME REGISTRY FILE ARE MISSING , THANX
Yes. I assure your method. I had the same problem and it give very bad time too..it's totaly romove from my system. > Start >Run > msconfig > desable>restart the machine> delate files

COOL !!!!
Mr Doodad > Steve
Aug 25, 2009 at 06:48 PM
When I read all these posts, I went Arrrrrrrghhh! When trying to uninstall a problematic Yahoo Messenger 9.0, and you can't find the installer, don't panic (it does exist, but is not obvious). Simply go to the Programs folder, open the Messenger folder, now you have a bunch of stuff there. Seek out the UNWISE application, & double click it. THIS is the Messenger 9.0 Uninstaller.

Enjoy!!
JadeCryingwolf > Mr Doodad
Oct 3, 2009 at 03:17 AM
Hi -

I followed your suggestion after ripping my hair out trying to get rid of the stupid yahoo messenger.

My question is, I have the same problem with Yahoo jukebox, and there is no "UNWISE.EXE" - I checked first thing. Can you help me, PLEASE, get rid of this heinous program? It's on my 82yo Grandfather's computer, not installed by him, but by a real a$$hat in our family. My job to clean it up, need help to do it. Thank you, Jade
start>control panel>ad-remove programs>remove

Voila!!!!:)