Acer Aspireone Netbook Startup Freeze

Closed
Mister Squee - Apr 24, 2010 at 09:13 PM
 GQ-adm - Jun 6, 2010 at 03:31 PM
Nothing wrong with it until one day, during startup, it froze on the "Windows welcome screen." I managed to get it into safe mode, and it works just fine. I've ran antiviruses, and spyware doctors, nothing is found that's wrong.

I tried to boot from a USB drive, but it freezes too. I don't have an external cd drive at my disposal, so I can't use an XP disc to format the hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Related:

1 response

I'm having this issue right now on a friends computer there's a couple things you can do.

One front some money go to Wal-mart buy the external dvd-rom drives. Use it then return it saying "It doesn't work" Trust me I work for wal-mart they take anything back provided with the correct receipt. No money lost in the best renting store around.

The other option is if you can get it into safe mode do a system restore. When the window pops up in F8 mode there is a windows restore option by saying "no".

If all else fails you can reset it to the the windows controllers by pressing F8 and reseting those controllers. I haven't tried it yet but you will also lose ur information on the computer.

to fix this issue if you have the dvd-rom use a linux live-cd to get your data off your hard drive I recommend either orphcrack or ubuntu both have great features.

Hope it helps...