No sound is being sent externally

Closed
Ice - Oct 26, 2008 at 09:41 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Hello,

Hi, I went to ask.com and found this place because I have encountered a problem I have never had previously with this computer. It only makes a beep sound when certain icons are clicked upon. It never made that sound before and that was before I installed Service Pack 3. Once I installed Service Pack 3 last night, that's when the real problem began. No sound was initiated when I tried listening to music like normal. I have tried a couple of solutions including reading the troubleshoot section under device managers. I have followed the instructions and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device manager for my sound device. Still nothing. I have tried even rebooting my tower more than once and even giving in a break or two to my tower. Still nothing. Since I don't see a lot of sites that can help me with the nature of this problem, I have come here to share with everyone my original problem to see if I can get an answer or a solution. Tomorrow morning, I am going to take my tower with me to college and have the tech guys look at the matter since they have fixed most of my problems for free and see if maybe its just reinstalling the drivers from a website online that might do the trick. If that's the case then its the software that's not being recognized by the computer and its confused about its location. Service Pack 3 for Pro must have done installed a lot of new things but didn't including updating the sound card driver so now its non-existent to the PC. So hopefully that's the case and hopefully its refixable without having to buy a new sound card or anything extra. I will try to let everyone know about what happens and how I fixed this issue since everyone on here seems to have almost the same problem as me. Thanks everyone! Have a great day!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM
go to this Microsoft site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/