Conditional hide rows in multiple sheets

Solved/Closed
issa - Apr 25, 2010 at 01:32 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 25, 2010 at 08:22 PM
It didn't solved yet.

I have one excel file with multiple sheets, and all of them with the same columns and rows . I need to hide specific rows in every sheet (the same row numbers for all the sheets) if the value is zero in a specific cell.
So, how can I do it in VB and automaticlly updated upon changing the value in previous specified cell.

i.e: I have 10 sheets for ten employee and in every sheet I have the following data:

A1= Employee Name
A2= Age,
A4= Salary, B4= 4000 (all the amounts (values) will differ in each sheets)
A5= Deductions, B5=500
A6= Insurance, B6=1000
A8= Net Salary, B8=2500

A10= Paid by Check
A11= Paid by Transfer, B11= 2500
A13= Total, B13= 2500

My requirment is to hide each row that has zero in column B in all the 10 sheets. Of course the value for all the sheets are taken from one master sheet, so if the value in the master sheets changed it will be changed also in the 10 sheets upon each correspondant.

Note: I don't need to filter the Values.

In breif I want to write a macro to hide all the rows (specified) that have a zero in the B column, and to be applied on the 10 sheets that have the same rows and columns

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 25, 2010 at 08:22 PM
Open the VBE
click on you master sheet

and paste this code

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim bHide As Boolean

If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub

bHide = True

If (CStr(Target) <> "0") Then bHide = False

For Each Sheet In Sheets

If Sheet.Name = ActiveSheet.Name Then GoTo Next_Sheet

Sheets(Sheet.Name).Rows(Target.Row).Hidden = bHide

Next_Sheet:

Next

End Sub