Emachines laptop says disk drive write error

Closed
Jen - Oct 28, 2008 at 06:54 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Oct 28, 2008 at 07:02 PM
Hello,
My emachines laptop M5312 wouldn't start up all the way it usually wouldn't even get to the desktop. I was told to try the restore CD's which I did and it wouldn't even get through the first restore CD without quitting or turning off. Then I got an error that said no hard disk found restore cannot continue. Emachines support told me that reseating the harddrive would fix the problem and it didn't. Now they said I need a new hard drive. My error message now says hard drive write error press any key to continue and if I press a key it just goes back to the black "e" screen that says press DEL for system setup. My hard drive has also started making a loud squeaking sound. I don't want to get a new hard drive if it's not for sure gonna fix it. Someone else said I need a new operating system. I don't know what to do I'm about to throw it out the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Related:

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Oct 28, 2008 at 07:02 PM
Try this....................shut down PC then start it up again, but before it you get anything on the monitor press F10 until your System Recovery comes up.........Click on the "advanced" button and follow the instructions. They are self explanatory.........................Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!