Need help! Unretrievable documents

Closed
michellejolene Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2010 - Apr 29, 2010 at 04:46 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - May 1, 2010 at 08:52 PM
Help! I am a full time online student and save all of my discussions, projects etc. in a seperate folder for each class. For some reason I recently tried to access these and it keeps giving me errors, either: "the office open XML file Access Class cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents" and when I click on details it says "the files are corrupt and cannot be opened". WhY? Before 2 days ago they were fine. When it offers to recover the contents and I click yes it says " ...cannot open because some parts are missing or invalid". I thought maybe my husband screwed up some stuff but he swears he didn't do anything abnormal. I need a solution or that is alot of work I have to redo! help, anyone!

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
May 1, 2010 at 08:52 PM
have a read here, all may not be lost
http://www.alternativesoho.com/reviews/word-xml-error.html

the easiest option, if it works is to save the file and try opening in word 2003.
try the word viewer pack. it may be able to open the files. then save as a .doc file and not .docx