Program button is missing and registry lock

Closed
xP_trbl Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2008 - Oct 29, 2008 at 01:28 PM
xP_trbl Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2008 - Oct 31, 2008 at 11:44 PM
Hello All,
Exciting site, to somebody who can help. First I had some issues like what most of had. Icons desappearing back and forw.
FIX: (what I did) opened Task Manager - Applications - New task - type explorer.exe - then OK. (I did this when my Icons were gone) And gave me the icons back. But they started to appear and disappered.
Next:
I did similar opened - Task Manager - Applications - New task - type IMAPI.exe - then OK. (this made my icons to stop from appearing and desappearing). Now I was able to get on the net and download "SUPERantispyware", and what had happen was that I was loaded with Vunto viruses. Well, it fixes most of everything. Except two things that I have not been able to figure out.

1- My programs button in Start is gone.
2- When I go to registry I get message "The registry editting has been disable by your administrator". To beging with I don't have any other account configured in my PC, second - I don't have a network, third - I had run Norton AV, Advance Windows Care, Superantispyware, run the sfc /scannow command, also did windows update and who knows what else I had run and all these programs do not find any errors.

Can someone help me??? Please very much appreciated...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM
xP_trbl Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2008
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:44 PM
thank a lot I found a lot of information eith exactly to what is happening to me. I will look deeply into it and I will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks a lot

TT