Loss of wireless connection suddenly

Closed
John - May 1, 2010 at 09:29 PM
 Ecka - May 1, 2010 at 11:03 PM
Sometimes I will be using my laptop's wireless internet and it suddenly stops working. My wireless router is working perfectly fine as other computers remain connected to the internet. My laptop is working fine now as I type but it when it loses connection, it cannot find any other routers to connect to, it's as if my entire wireless chip was removed from the computer at that moment. When I diagnose and repair, it doesn't give me the option to repair the connection, but rather suggests connecting through Ethernet. I don't think I have any viruses/spyware either, and the firewall is the windows firewall so it would say if it was blocking all incoming/outgoing connections.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
May 1, 2010 at 09:32 PM
older phones and wireless intercom systems could cut off wireless signals quite often , give it a test if you currrently have a wireless phone, (not cell) make a call off your cordless phone and see if you lose your connection
It sounds like that you have faulty devices. If your landline and modem run off the same line using a filter/splitter and you have other devices connected using the same line, then it could be an indication that you have faulty equipment such as a fax phone/handset ps2/3 ...etc. Try unplugging everything from the phone socket on the wall and only plug the handset back into the wall socket. If you hear static and crackley noises, then it could be your handset or phone line that is faulty. If the line is clear, then it is an indication that equipment such as fax, ps2/3 or other devices are faulty causing your internet to drop out. Ring your ISP to do a line test. If the line test ok, then it could be your handset that is faulty causing interference. Your modem may show a signal strength of 100% which indicates that you have a good connection but the main reason for ADSL +2 internet drop outs is because of faulty equipment such as handsets, fax machines and other devices. I hope this helps solves your problem