New virus -HELP!!!

Closed
kennith - May 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 3, 2010 at 04:22 PM
some how i got a virus that wont stop attacking programs.... it wont let me open task manager, nor will it let me open my AVG

i need help cause this computer
has all my work on it as well as all my dj ing stuff thanks

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 3, 2010 at 04:22 PM
Hello Ken,

It is very difficult to prescribe the proper medicinal compound without identifying the virus.

I really don't know what you mean by attacking programmes as viruses don't do that except, in some cases prevent antiviruses applications from running.

Anyhow, despite the lack of information and your limited means, lets see what we can do. (Incidently, this help is coming to you from the East of your country).

I assume here that you have Internet access, if not you can boot in safe mode with networking, thus giving you access to Internet for download.

This is very potent medicine, it can kill a horse, like a huge Trojan Horse and send it to the glue factory in 10 minutes flat.

To keep your system safe, you must follow the instructions hereunder to the letter:

1. Download Combofix to your desktop.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

2.Close all open Windows including this one.

Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix.

3. Double click on the ComboFix icon.

Windows is issuing this prompt because ComboFix does not have a digital signature. This is perfectly normal and safe and you can click on the Run button to continue.

4. Accept the disclaimer and the recovery

5.You should now press the Yes button to continue. If at any time during the Recovery Console installation you receive a message stating that it failed to install, please allow ComboFix to continue with the scan of your computer.

ComboFix will disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.

While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings.

If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.

During the process, please do not mouse click nor must you tap on the keyboard. Let the tool run.

Once you are done, paste the log here and report to me on how your system is behaving.

Good luck

Ambucias