Cd reader wont read in my sony laptop

Closed
euge - May 5, 2010 at 02:58 AM
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 - May 16, 2010 at 08:01 AM
Hi...can someone help me. I have sony laptop TZ36GN model the dvd/cd reader before used to work. suddenly, it wont read any disc anymore. when you play the disc, it will prompt "insert a disc" then the disc will eject. dont know what to do...pls help anybody. thank you.
Related:

2 responses

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
May 5, 2010 at 03:25 AM
This was copied from another thread that was submited by Jason of Australia.

Go to your run command and type (start.....Run.....)
type gpedit.msc
Go to User configuration/Administrative templates/Windows components/Windows explorer
On the right pane, double click on "Remove CD burning features" tick the enabled button, then OK.
Reboot or logoff/logon to apply.

If your vista version does not have the gpedit function, do the following.
Open regedit, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

In the right pane, if it does not already exist, create a new 32-bit DWORD value. Name the new value as NoCDBurning, and assign the value data to 1.
Reboot or logoff/logon to apply.

This should fix the problem
it worked for me
pass this round
Thank you mam. I tried your instruction. still same problem. how do we know if the reader is defective? thanks.
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
May 14, 2010 at 04:00 AM
Ok You can try to reinstall the drivers which you will find at https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/support/index.html
You can look in Devise Manager and see if your DVD/CD player is listed there it should be if you right click and try update drivers or choose uninstall turn computer off and it should reinstall if the drivers are still in your system If they are not you need to download them as above
there is a three case if room sign is seen , room glass is dirty it cab be clean with cottan or bids. other option some time room driver,s some parts automatically delated so it can 't work porperly. we can corrate it by instaling other softwere again. room may be damage , we should change other new. thanks
I tried cleaning it already. still same problem. How do we determine if CD driver is damage. thank you.
May 16, 2010 at 08:01 AM
As I said in Devise Manager Check it out there or in Disc Management If your disc drive is there put in a disc and see if it recognises the disc