Conversion-Vista 64-bit to XP & bluescreen

Closed
lottolearn - May 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM
anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 - May 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Guys,
I really really need help with this, i have read multiple posts & done quite a few things, but nothing works, here are some facts
1. i have an hp desktop, model m9250f
2. i have 2 Hitachi hard disks , 500G each, setup in BIOS as RAID
3. everything i try, i end up with a blue screen telling me that windows has been shutdown, press F8 for advanced options etc etc.....with a bunch of numbers at the bottom of this blue screen.

Keep in mind that i am converting from vista to xp.
What i have done so far:
1. i boot with a windows xp disc in my CD-ROM drive.......system starts to boot from the CD but doesn't recognize any of my SATA drives, so....i went to "ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/download/driver2/sli3112/v10050.zip" & downloaded the appropriate drivers.......two files from this download are really important, they were .......'txtsetup.oem' & 'si3112r.sys'
2. I put these files 'txtsetup.oem' & si3112r.sys' on a floppy drive & press F6 as the system boots up......windows recognizes & reads both these files from the floppy disk & then recognizes the sata hard drives.....the setup process goes on its normal course & finally ends up with a blue screen
3. Someone mentioned about SATA mode in the BIOS..... i went to BIOS & changes the mode from RAID to IDE & AHCI....went thru the same boot sequence described above.......again blue screen
4. Someone mentioned that XP doesn't recognize more than 2gigs of RAM, I had 4gigs of RAM.........so i removed 2gigs.....re-did the same process........back to blue screen
5. My motherboard is from American Megatrends Inc (ami.com) , i took this info, went to the HP website & downloaded & installed the BIOS update with file "sp40908.exe" [called: IPIBL-LB Motherboard BIOS Update, after a successful BIOS update, i re-did the whole process......back to the blue screen

I have provided as much detail as i possibly could, please advise if more info is needed. Everyone's issue seems to have resolved with the posts i have read so far, except for mine !
Related:

1 response

anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
May 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM
if u have 4 gb ram it could not supported xp. ihave faced same problem in 4gb ram dell ins 1545 . iput xp for 3month then it crash next icould not lod xp .then i put sp-3 for three month ,then i face same broblem. and there is problem for driver supported xp/ sp-3/. in my opinion window 7 is best becuse , there is not nessary any driver it takes driver automaticaly. now iam using this operatin system . my computer related carrer say this computer is bad which have 4gb ram ,it is my personal opinion. 100% gurrante we can 't install xp in this computer long time.we get sometime bad memory some timebad hdd message while we try to install xp, vista and window only for this, 7 is better for this computer thanks (roshan)