How do I show multiple matches from one list

Closed
Applemany - May 10, 2010 at 04:23 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - May 10, 2010 at 09:55 PM
Hi

I have a worksheet Database of 10 columns X 70 rows of data detailing youth camps and a second sheet in the same workbook with a search facility (lookup) that looks for matches in one column and shows matched items with data from several other columns.

I currently have a pull down list of all the cells in the matching column and have had to add a number to each textual (country) to differentiate (i.e. germany 1, germany 2, etc). This can only show 1 result at a time.

I would really like to be able to show the selected data from all matched rows.

Example: I am looking for instances of events in Germany, so I chose Germany in my drop down list. The Lookup correctly finds and displays the data of the first row containing Germany in the database.... but there are 4 other events in Germany which dont show. I would like to show all four....?

I know its possible but How?

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
May 10, 2010 at 09:55 PM
your problem is not clear. it would have been better if some examples are given.
anyhow if you want to add a numbr to a text which is a country name then use "&"
e.g Inida . you want to add 2 to this name
then the formula is
="india"&2