Calculate cost in access database

Closed
Ryan - May 10, 2010 at 07:39 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 10, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Hello

I am trying to calculate the total cost of time and labor when a quality report is written. My database has a subform which gets updated periodiclally with the date, technician name, and action performed. I've calculated that the cost for time and labor every time an action is performed is approx. $7.00. What I want to do is add a field in the database which will keep a running track of the cost every time an action is added to the sub form, based on the technician name (which will allow me to modify the costing later). I am having a very hard time figuring out the formula to use, and how to link my field to the sub form/technician field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I am newer to advanced use of access.

Thank you!

-Ryan Wagner

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 10, 2010 at 08:06 AM
hard to tell you without looking at the DB. However one option could be that you have another table that keeps that running total. The other option is that since information is already in DB, all you would need is a appropriate query to add up.