Video NVIDIA FX 5200, driver problems, XP

Solved/Closed
Thais - Nov 2, 2008 at 04:42 PM
 nikan - Oct 28, 2014 at 03:16 AM
Hello,

My family has a XP Home Edition 998 Mhz 512 RAM and a NVIDIA FX 5200 video card

The card was installed into the computer without a driver.

The color was 32 bit and resolution was 800 X 600, the XP colors were normal (blue green default)

I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the driver update for the card and installed it.

The result was discoloration, the color bit was lowered to 4-bit and resolution to 640 X something, the lowest setting for a resolution.

I know the driver was the exact one for the card for it had worked for the computer before my relative rebooted it. Is there an update I must download for XP before the driver will work for the card?
Related:

5 responses

blehguyw/sameproblem
Jul 23, 2009 at 01:07 AM
you should try upgrading to windows service pack 3 :/
that solved my problems ^^ good luck~
upgraded to sp3 and done all version of drivers on nvidia but problem is continue !
degenerator777
Jun 26, 2009 at 01:19 PM
this display settings problems occurs when the display driver you installed is newer than the one included in windows xp sp3 I have tried both Nvidia FX5200 and ATI Radeon 9250 after updating to the newest drivers I can no longer change my display settings and stuck at 4bit settings
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2008 at 10:48 PM
no special Xp drivers needed.

right click on an empty area of the desk top. then, select "Properties" and "Settings"

You should be able to change the screen resolution and color quality.

If you can't adjust these settings click on the "advanced" button and then the "adapter" tab

if the adapter type listed is not your Fx 5200 then the driver update did not work and you will need to back out that driver or download another driver.
VIDEO BIOS FLASH
Dec 26, 2008 at 08:08 PM
Exact same problem -is lowest resolution -cannot change in properties settings -runing Nvidia analysis says it has the most recent driver -really need a video bios flash to fix this. If you find one for your issue post here -I will do the same.

Try finding the video bios flash for this card.
Same problem some days ago.
Download the 91.31 nvidia driver.This should fix it.Worked for me.
?? ?? ?????
aarontong Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2009
Aug 31, 2009 at 05:29 AM
yo,i have a dell laptop using windows xp home edition,then one day,i was scaning virus from malwarebytes anti-malware.after scaning I delete all the virus,then after I restart my computer,then it say some I forgot,then I put my microsoft windows xp home edition service pack2,then I format my computer and re-install windows xp using the same cd.after then I on my computer,then I cant find screen adapter,i cant drag screen resulution,plz help me

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
ghost recon 2 nivida 6600 in play but fx 5200 on no play the game