Need help virus gobilam_corp

Closed
charles - May 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM
 Gervarod - May 15, 2010 at 08:09 AM
Hello,

my whole c,d and e drives are now infected with a gobilam_corp virus? help pls.. how can i remove it manually?..

Related:

2 responses

Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
May 15, 2010 at 01:36 AM
Have you installed any antivirus programs as of yet?
One that I usually recommend is Avast, because its free and usually catches a lot of variants. You can download it here --> www.avast.com...make sure that you get the home version since that is the free version.

Also you can check out symantec's site to see if they have a removal tool for that particular virus, here is the URL --> https://us.norton.com/antivirus

Just search for the virus that has infected your computer. Hope that this helps.

Gervarod.

or download malwarebytes and rename it kioskea.exe so it can not be stop or pasted by the virus. if that does not help.

1. Please download on your desktop Combox Fix:

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Before you run ComboxFix, please:

2. Close all open Windows including this one.

3. Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix.

4. Disconnect your modem.

5. Double click on the Combofix icon.

Windows is issuing this prompt because ComboFix does not have a digital signature. This is perfectly normal and safe and you can click on the Run button to continue.

6. Agree with the disclaimer and the creation of the recovery.

While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings. You will also see the text in the ComboFix window being updated as it goes through the various stages of its scan.

At the end of the scan a log will be saved in: C:\ComboFix.txt

Please copy the log and post it here and describe to me how your system is performing.

This took me a lot of typing, so please do give me your feedback.

Thank you, Gervarod
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 15, 2010 at 06:49 AM
Hello Charles,

Please tell me why you want to remove it manually?

Please in this case, I strongly recommend that you do not use Combofix for it may damage some of your system files.

Regards
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
May 15, 2010 at 07:17 AM
then he can use malwarebytes then that should find it and piss the bugger off then Ambucias.

Must be a bit cold over there in Canada mate?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 15, 2010 at 07:48 AM
Hi Gervarob

Gobilam is a special type of excrement. Despite my singular dislike for Norton, your Norton idea is excellent.

It is warming as we advance into spring, for the past 3 weeks I have been observing thousands of geese heading North 0.00 degrees, it is like geese galore. I swear they most have a air traffic controler! All this while you people will be entering winter.

Regards
so what does the Gobilam virus do and the issues to remove it.