Need to fix keyboard

Closed
ciriloks - May 15, 2010 at 01:45 PM
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 - May 15, 2010 at 04:31 PM
Hello, my keyboard doesn't work and the only thing i could do is adjust the volume. what should I do?

Related:

1 response

djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
May 15, 2010 at 04:31 PM
I would recommend updating your driver and see if this helps. Did you just update to Windows 7 or is this a new computer?

Windows 7 has many way to check you system and attempt to fix any problems. To check your drivers Click Start; Control Panel; and in your "Hardware and Sound" section click View devices and printers.

This will open a new window where your computer should be the first option in the "Devices section" should say (username)-PC. Right click on this and click on the "Keyboard settings" section or you can just click the "troubleshoot" option and see if windows can fix the issue.

If you choose the Keyboard option, click "Hardware" and see what devices are installed, most new laptops will have a device for keyboard, and for the quick launch options. Click on each device until you see the one that has (Location: plugged into keyboard port) then click properties. Check the device status, and if any problems are there click driver and see if you have the option to "update driver"

Let me know how it goes.