Monitor wont turn on at boot up

Closed
Maddy - May 23, 2010 at 09:04 AM
 maddy - May 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Hello,

ok, Was installing daemon and it prompted me to reboot, i click on "reboot later" as I was also watching a movie. After finishing the movie I clicked on restart (in the shutdown menu) and it shut down ok i guess (i didnt notice anything wierd) but yeah the PC sounded like it booted up normally apart from my monitor not switching on.

So I tried plugging a serial monitor in (videocard and mobo) - nothing. tried changing the RAM - nothing. I made sure everythings connected properly on the mobo.

Not to sure on what else i can try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this PC is a friends and she will kill me if she finds out :O hehehe
Related:

1 response

Me again :)

Ok, I have progress (if you want to call it that) :P

I tried plugging the serial cable into the mobo again and it worked! Yay! So its not anything major!

I then tried plugging the video card in but leaving the monitor connected via serial to the mobo and i got a msg saying someting like "warning, another video device is detected" and it said "SYSTEM HALTED" and would not boot.

Opened up the desktop pc (you can open it up like a breifcase kinda) and booted it up (with the dvi connected to the video card) and the fan on the video card wasnt working.

So pretty much guessing the video card decided to die :/ Shame ive got no other video cards that fit this.

So.. Anyone with any info that could help please?

Thanks