OS issue

Closed
Christain - Nov 6, 2008 at 07:15 PM
 Christain - Nov 6, 2008 at 09:29 PM
Hello,
i have an interesting problem with my operating system. its been installed like 12 times now. so i know its not a formatting thing because I've reformatted almost 14 times now with 3 different hardrives which i had from other computers. but my issue is, ill start the computer but it will get to the windows loading screen fine, the load bar will go across the screen exactly 5 and 1 1/2 times and then freeze, no matter what i do. im not entierly sure what i did to make this happen, but any help any of you can offer me would be greatly enjoyed.
Related:

3 responses

try downloading a HD sector check and check if any of your hard drives sector's are damaged..
or else you could try to put a windows cd in it.. and repairing the install
unfortunately to my dead knowing its not the hard drive i went out to buy 2 brand new ones both are different drives to there no way i was unlucky enough to get 3 faulty drives in a row.
as for repairing the install i erm. i dunno what i should be repairing. i dunno what files are boot files. but the dumb thing that messed me up to begin with was delete ntfs.nfl or somtin like that, i dont remember its exact name but it turned out to be a primary boot file. since then iv reformated completely approximately 10 times on all three drives and still have the same problem. so i dunno what i did wrong.
Amplitude > Christain
Nov 6, 2008 at 07:31 PM
did you also try to do a full format of the drive?
Christain > Amplitude
Nov 6, 2008 at 07:35 PM
full format quick format using a seperate desktop to format. but im currently doing another full format just so see if the millionth time is the charm lol ill let you know how it goes
Amplitude` Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2008
Nov 6, 2008 at 07:37 PM
good luck :p
thanks ill need it. this damn laptop is almost making me want to kill myself x.x i hope it works this time but i doubt it will, i dont seem to be that lucky x.x
Amplitude` Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2008
Nov 6, 2008 at 07:45 PM
lol i know how you feel i kinda have the same thing with my sound :p allready posted a post but nobody's replying
but i recall to have a similar problem as to the one your having only thing is that i can't remember what solved it :/
it happens and about your sound ill give it a look maybe i can find you sumtin.
woo its the 39 mins of torturus operating system install lol
Christain > Christain
Nov 6, 2008 at 08:43 PM
NOOOOO!!!!! it didnt work. oh well i tried. reformating does nothing for me. so any other suggestions for help getting my operating system to work again is open as far as im conserned. i can open windows in safe mode perfectly fine. but normal it just wont happen.
do you know the start-up .exe files to start windows like if theres one thats has a name somtin like nfts to ntsf and and .(enter file here) that doesnt need to be in the windows folder to work??