My laptop wont load!!!!

Closed
scissors18 - May 26, 2010 at 07:40 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Hello,

my dell latitude d610 as soon as i turn it on it comes up with windows cannot start succesfully with these options..
*safe mode
*safe mode with networking
*safe mode with command prompt
*Last known good configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)
*start windows normally
no matter which one i choose it resets its self.

On the first 4 options it comes up with lots of black and white writing and then resets and does the same thing again

When i choose start windows normally it loads up the windows xp logo with the load bar and does that for about 2 minutes..then it has a black screen for about 20 seconds then a blue screen flicks up for about a split second but i struggle to see what it says i think it says system faliure...I really need help there is no way of me getting into my computer at all??... I really cannot lose all my files either by rebooting i just dont understand what is wrong! Please help thankyou!!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
This sounds like you have a damaged copy of Windows. This could be caused by a bad sector on the hard disk, powering the PC off while writing to the hard disk or a software error.

You might be able to do a repair/install using the original XP disk. But, first I would have a repair shop do a copy of the hard disk. This can be done by removing the disk and either installing it in another PC or in an external drive adapter.

Windows XP repair/install instructions can be found at this web site:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck