DEFAULT MONITOR

Closed
SANTHO - Nov 10, 2008 at 08:09 PM
 Valerie - May 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Hello,
Mine is a sony (Model o: VGCRB60G, windows XP home) computer. I have been using 42" TV monitor as my computer monitor.Recently I had a problem with my computer and got repaired, eventually majoirty of softwares were also got deleted. Since then I am not able to watch computer in a full screen mode. Computer display properties shows display monitor and less resolution only 800 by 600 pixles. As a result I am seeing only a small screen on the TV screen. If I change the TV monitor in to a wide mode, the display is too stretchy and unclear.
pls adv. in this regard.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 10, 2008 at 08:28 PM
sounds like the repair shop re-installed Windows and did not re-install your Video Adapter drivers. that's why it's defaulting to 800x600. you will need to identify the type and model of your video adapter and download and install the driver.
What if you are trying to download the proper driver and you get to the step where you are to press display, then monitor, and from that point you are dead in the water, none of the buttons will allow you in, the default sttings is all that will be allowed.