Windows XP Loading problems

Closed
Jim65 - Nov 12, 2008 at 02:35 AM
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Nov 12, 2008 at 03:52 AM
Hello,

My Dell Computer is about 1 year old and has begun to hange up when switched on. I get to the windows picture, it disappears then a Dell bar arrives at the top of the page for 5 sec, then the screen goes black and the computer waits....

If I do the following: Puch the USB tab on the camera docking station, after 3 seconds the PC begins to load and all is OK. If I put the IPOD in the docking station the computer will load also. If the IPOD is already in teh docking station, the computer starts fine. I can also get the PC to start by turing off and on again the printer. Turing off an on the dell axim does nothing special - like the Axim itself :-).

I deleted active sync, no change. I have run C Cleaner and registry fix, no change. I have disconnected all usbs, and replugged in different spots, no change. I have a wirelss keyboard that produces an error in the beginning about a keyboard failure but I have been using the keyboard (it works fine) for a year with no issues.

What could be my next step - reinstalling windows? I have a hard disk backup already complete, PC works fine when it is running, it's just this startup input/output problem that is annoying.

Help! (and thanks a million!)

Jim
Related:

1 response

zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Nov 12, 2008 at 03:52 AM
I think you definitely have to reformat your computer... because it's the best thing to do after 1 year of use !