Download Adobe Flash Player into Firefox [Solved/Closed]

-
 gracie -
I am using Vista and cannot download Adobe Flash Player. I need to use it with Mozilla Firefox. I have read the download instructions at get.adobe.com. The download doesn't start automatically, so I click the provided link, as instructed. Apparently, I am supposed to be given the option to "run" or "save" and then click "run." However, I am only given the option to "save" or "cancel." I choose "save." Then, another box opens up and I click on "install_flash_player.exe" I then get a message that this is an executable file which may contain viruses. I choose "ok" and "continue." Finally, I get a message saying that Firefox must be closed before Adobe Flash Player plugin can be installed. I close Firefox and all other programs, yet this message continues to be displayed.

I have Flash Player on my IE browser, but need Firefox for work. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
System Configuration: Windows Vista
Internet Explorer 7.0

12 replies

Hi guys,

i know many still having the problem of installing flash into firefox (problem: close firefox before proceeding)

try this method instead if you are really desperate. (installing the plugin manually)

The link addresses a different problem but coincidently solved this problem as well

Step 1: download this file
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/xpi/current/flashplayer-win.xpi

Step 2: Rename the file to flashplayer-win.zip

Step 3: open up the zip file

Step 4: copy 2 files flashplayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll

Step 5: go to explorer and navigate yourway to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

Step 6: paste the flashplayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll files into that directory

Done: Restart your firefox and it will work!

Credit due to author of link below. i basically searched for manual installation plug-in rather than try to fix the installer problem.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4348 users have said thank you to us this month

this is the only thing that worked for me with Firefox.. many thanks
Thankyou so much this worked for me!!
Genius! This worked perfectly, thanks!
this was very helpful when the adobe autoinstaller would not install flash 10 for me. great tip!
Great work, thanks heaps. What a pain this has been. Thanks again
I had the same problem what you do is,
While on firefox try and download it. Continue through the downloading process until it says you need to close firefox to complete the installation. Then go control alt. delete and get the task manager open. The click on the firefox screen, close it and then hit try again on the adobe flash download screen. Then it completes and everything works hope that helped
Thanks Moose. Finally it worked.

I fixed mine after hours of frustration. What I had to do was go into my Internet Exporer and then go to where you install the Adobe Flash Player. When I got to the installation screen I clicked on "Different operating system or browser?" and selected Windows Vista/XP, then I selected Firefox. After it finished installing I opened up my Firefox and it immediately played everything with the Flash Player. Yay! Hope this helps...
thank you very much james as u have helped to solve my problem..
I have been trying to fix this for weeks!!! Thank you!!
Thanks mate. Works like charm
thanks so much!!!
Internet Exporer and then go to where you install the Adobe Flash Player. When I got to the installation screen I clicked on "Different operating system or browser?" and selected what does this mean cant make no sense of it help plz////
Registration date
Tuesday September 30, 2008
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2009
firefox? - if so,
If you use Firefox AdBlock extension and you have upgraded to Firefox 1.5 you may notice that Flash is now disabled on your browser. This micro tutorial will show you how to enable Flash on your Firefox 1.5 browser.
1. Type Ctrl-Shift-P and click on AdBlock Options.
2. Uncheck OBJ-TABS
You are done!
Now you can feast on the (un)healthy diet of Flash on the web.

i want to download flash player 10 into mozilla firfox

pls help for the same
> surendra chouhan
i was downloaded adobeflash player in mozila fire fox but when i try to run it i cannot
to run it ask administrator pass word my computer has no password what can i do what is the solution
to advice me

i am waiting you be fast

thanks
Thanks Rami, I tried numerous fixes to no avail! It wasn't until I entered my AdBlock Options , which was: Tools > AdBlock Plus Preferences> Filters> Remove all custom filters, did this fix the problem. YouTube videos launch & play every time now!!!
ram\ican u make it into a youtube video
In FireFox Tools->Options->Security there are 3 checks up first that I removed.
After that the installation successfully gave me to install the latest Adobe Flash Player.
if you want you can check back those 3 but remember that this was the problem.
Thanks!
Aloha,

I have both IE and Firefox on my Vista computer and downloaded the AFP three times with no success.

Finally, I decided to "check" the Google Toolbar and the AFP was installed along with the Google Toolbar successfullly.

Then I rebooted and went to my CCleaner and removed the Google Toolbar, and my flash worked. You can also go to "add and remove" if you don't have CCleaner.

Hope this helps.
I am not sure that this will solve any questions about FireFox and Adobe Flash player 10 on Vista OS..
I have Vista OS with IE...downloaded FireFox and was having the same problems opening any videos (like youtube) and was advised that I needed to install Adobe Flash Player10 and was still having the same problems.

Here is my solution to the problem..I uninstalled Firefox 3 and the Adobe Flash player 10 that was supposed to work with it and any previous addition of Adobe flash player. Opened up IE and then I installed the Adobe Flash player 10 useing IE and made sure it would play videos in IE and then reinstalled Firefox 3 and so far everything else seems to be running good. Make sure all old versions of Adobe Flash player are removed including any old add ons.

Hope this will help.
I simply used IE to download Adobe Flash 10 and there was an option to download an IE version or version for all other browsers. Clicked "other browsers" version, opened Firefox, and it worked.
Hey try this!
I had the exact same problem but with windows xp 2000!
Fist go up and click tools>Options...(or Internet options if options isn't there).
Then click the "main" tab
Click always ask me where to save files
Then go and download the adobe thingy
now click save and it will ask you where to save it, save it to desktop.
Now the problem will appear now, where it won't start.
So just close it and firefox, then on you desktop there should be a install_flash_player.exe icon.
Double click it and it will suddenly download it, when it's done click close.
Open up firefox and test it out on youtube or what ever you wanted to load.
(windows vista,) firefox, unable to install flash 10:
go to windows\system32\macromed\Flash
run uninstall_plugin.exe
then (firefox not running) run install_flash_player.exe (admin rights)
ddd thank you so much if i can download and program are word !
None of the previous things have worked for me. I am using Firefox 3.0.3 and Adobe Flash Player 10,0,45,2. I try to play flash content and either the screen is black or blank though if you right-click where the content is supposed to be it says Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2

I go to You Tube and where the screen is to display the clip it displays a black area where the clip is supposed to be displayed.

I have the current browser and player...what gives?

The funny thing is I used to work on Safari and Internet Exploder (sorry, Explorer) but now it only works on Opera!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled over and over. That did not work either.

HELP!
go to this webpage it will give specific instructions on how to install using firefox. I just did it and it worked fine. this is a firefox trouble shooting page btw...hope this helps....

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Installing+the+Flash+plugin