Problem booting my laptop

Closed
sujjun - Jun 8, 2010 at 09:19 AM
JamHussla Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2010 - Jun 8, 2010 at 08:39 PM
Hello,

I have dual OS windows 7(default) and a linux ubuntu os in it. suddenly 1 day i was nt able to boot either. when i tried to boot windows 7 it hangs in the starting windows screen.when i tried linux i said showed some errors. one of it was "grbldr" missing . i taut grub loader has gone so i inserted a linux cd and deleted the partition which had linux in t.

Now when i boot it says "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND". i tried with my windows 7 recovery dvd but it hangs up with the starting windows screen. tried XP, here once the setup files are copied a blue screen appears

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your
Computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow thease steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and
terminated. Run chkdisk/f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
*** stop: bla bla
i tried to install ubuntu.set sarts but stops when it reaches 47% in partition stage.

i really don kno what to do now !!! someone please help me 2 solve this problem.

note:i am not able to run CHKDSK n all as i cant go to prompt.
Related:

1 response

JamHussla Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2010
Jun 8, 2010 at 08:39 PM
The information displayed after STOP is what would help to determine what exactly is causing the problem. Try taking a pic of the blue screen message or type the information here.

It's possible that the memory is the problem.