Windows vista

Closed
Tra - Jun 10, 2010 at 01:47 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 10, 2010 at 05:09 PM
Hello, I have a big messy problem today okay so it first started when i was in the house on my dell desktop pc an it needed a update and i clicked on it an it said please do not shut down or restart your machine but i did an now all it does when i turn it on it says:(Interactive logon process intilization has failed.
Please consult the event log for more details.) Can someone please help me?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 10, 2010 at 05:09 PM
Use the windows vista disk: (You may want to perform startup repair ,system restore -- >system recovery options avilable on the DVD )

Ø Disconnect all the external devices (except for the key board and the mouse)

Ø Boot from the Dell re-installation disk(do not use any recovery disks from the computer manufactures)

Note: When you are prompted to Press any Key to boot from the CD or DVD, press any key.

Ø Select your language settings, and then click next.
Ø In the Setup window, click Repair your computer.
Ø Select Microsoft Windows Vista to repair, and then click next.
Ø In the System Recovery Options window, click Command Prompt.

Note If the repair process detects problems starting Vista, it runs Startup Repair to automatically fix the problems. If this occurs, click Cancel, and then click View advanced options for system recovery and support.

Type the following commands and press ENTER after each command:

C:
cd windows
type in ren software distribution software distribution. Old

Cd system32

type in ren catroot2 catroot2.old

Restart the computer and check.

Note :If you perform a custom installation (without format) by booting from the windows disk ,a folder called windows.old is created.Windows.old folder contains DATA (like pictures,videos,documents ...) but ,all the applications (programs) have to be re-installed.