Vista is slow and prone to freezing up

Closed
DarksoulVan - Jun 13, 2010 at 02:16 AM
 DarksoulVan - Sep 7, 2010 at 05:36 AM
Hello,

I am using Acer aspire 4930. It has a Nvidia GeForce 9300 GS 256mb video card and 2 GB ram. I replaced the RAM when it started to fail about 2 to 3 months ago. The laptp have started to freeze quite a lot after I dropped it last year in sep or october. Also if i use some application it would take forever to load and sometimes also freezes. I had already did a couple of reset to it's factory setting but that only helped for a while. Scanning my computer with SpeedUpMyPC 2009 and CCleaner also did nothing much. I have Kaspersky anti-virus 2010 installed, the original one that i bought in a store. Also my processer is a intel centrino duo. Anything that can help with out me losing all my data would be preferable unless there is really no choice. Thx.

Related:

3 responses

It turns out my hard disk is corrupted... after a couple more months since i posted this, it refuses to boot up at all. have to get a new one
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
Sep 7, 2010 at 02:35 AM
I really doubt you hard disk was corrupted to a point of needing a new one, did a sales guy tell you that sorry just red this and im fairly sure it could be fixed without a new drive.....
Nah, i used another hard disk from another laptop to test it out. it worked fine. in the months before it failed, it had also start to display a message saying the hard disk is corrupted. it was still workable then although slow... uninstalling the anti-virus did nothing for me and i had also performed a few factory reset. i given up on the laptop now... even the power supply wire is failing me... conked out a few days back... maybe i will get another laptop... Asus' laptops look nice :P