Cannot login to my computer account (help!)

Closed
Ahkilion Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2010 - Jun 13, 2010 at 05:53 AM
itchi906 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2010 - Aug 3, 2010 at 03:01 PM
Hello,

I've stumbled upon a problem when I want to log in to my own account on my computer (it's the only account as it's my own computer). Everything was working just fine yesterday, but this morning when I tried loging in it gave me several messages that had timers running on them (I had like, 20 secs to click okay or close it).

One was something about my computer not being able to access whatever runs that account. Second one there were 2 options in the details, 1 was that maybe my harddisc was full (it has about 80% free disc space) and the other one was that there was some sort of error...

When everything was clicked away it logged me in, re configurating everything, giving me new start menu settings, re configuring my web browser, my documents/pictures/music are completely reset etc.

Now the odd thing is, I still can acces my old files, but I have to do it manually trough " my computer" , clicking on the C drive and then going to documents and settings then to my old account (old because a new folder got added there, the one I logged into when I tried logging in like normal). So now I have my old folder with all my stuff in called " jeffrey " and a new one called " jeffrey.(computername) "..

I'm not a computer expert, therefore this might all sound quite vague. I really hope I get some responses to this so I'm able to fix it. Thank you in advance ;)

Related:

2 responses

Ahkilion Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2010
Jun 15, 2010 at 03:26 AM
It seems the "Jeffrey" account is on back up status, the one I'm on right now is on active, how do I change it back?
itchi906 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2010
Aug 3, 2010 at 03:01 PM
Any Hardware or anything that you have done on it the other day?