Windows Vista to XP Downgrading/Reformat?

Solved/Closed
bob666 - Jan 9, 2008 at 12:35 PM
 tabu - May 26, 2011 at 01:25 AM
Hello,
I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista preinstalled but I don't want Vista at all. There is no data on the laptop as it is brand new. I would like Windows XP but couldn't find a new laptop with XP on it... so I got a Windows XP Home Edition disc and bring it to PC world so they can downgrade it for me. But I have been told it can't be done. Are they lying? What can I do?
Related:

107 responses

I am went everyone on Vista, I do not like it at all. I have lost info on computer 2x and at one time I downloaded the neccessary downloads and I could not get on line after that. I am not a computer whiz so plz could some one give me step by step directions on how to downgrade to xp
i have hp notebook dv6500 preinstalled vista but I want to installed xp where to get drivers for lancard
Windows Vista to XP Downgrading/Reformat? on hp pavilion what do I do?
Hi I just want the drivers for my new HP Pavilion tx 1332la which I did downgrade from Vista to XP... Thanks Peace and Love to ALL...

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i need to xpdriver for laptop hp-dv 2701 tx pls help me
try this link http://www.fastfs.com/help_pages/hp%20downgrade.htm
caffeinedeath
Nov 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM
95% of the cases vista can be downgraded to xp.
all those guys who wanted to downgrade hp dv2601 tx to xp,youve got good news.
all other brands can also be downgraded if followed the method described below.

of course ,it was difficult for me to get the things right,but after serious testing of various types,sacrificing several weekends and bandwidth ,i got this PERFECTLY WORKING METHOD to DOWNGRADE.

HERE IS THE LINK

INSTALLING XP ON VISTA NOTEBOOKS
HAAA HAAAA< Absolute GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! this worked a Charm!!
migit boy rek
May 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM
u dumps it download not dongrade GO TO SKL
that is not true if I got a windows 2000 I could put it to xp so you can downgrade it get an external hardrive and move all your personal stuff to it and then instert the disc and install all the data on the disc I am doing it myself for 3 years now so it can be done! hope it all goes well!
_neo__ Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday May 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2008 2
May 8, 2008 at 07:59 AM
LOOK THIS IS SIMPLE .YOU CAN DO THIS 2 WAYS I MYSELFE HAVE DONE THIS ON ALL MY NEW PC'S .FIRST OFF IF YOU HAVE DUAL DRIVES GO TO DOS MODE AND INSTALL XP ON ONE PARTISION AND LEAVE VISTA ON THE OTHER ...OR GET A EXTERNAL DRIVE DOWNLOAD THE USB AND NETWORK DRIVERS ONLY ON TO THE EXTERNAL THEN NUKE IT LOAD XP TO AO9 AND THEN PLUG IN THE EXTERNAL AND LOAD YOUR NETWORK DRIVERS ,THEN GO TO HP'S SITE AND DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING ELSE ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR SERVICE TAG OR MODEL NUMBER GOOD LUCK.............
Neo,
I was not completely sure of your entire continuous paragraph of downgrading advice. I just bought one of those Seagate external harddrives(500gig) Do you think I could put XP on that - or use it to program a replacement harddrive in my laptop?
pull it apart remove n/d install into pc case run seatools 2.20 partion , formate and ur done