Well, as the discussion continues, I have some pointers.
- Its not a laymans job to downgrade or install windows xp on a machine which is running vista
- You need to plan before you can do much
- I personally like vista, but I hate too. Microsoft has done a lot of damage to the users. Mostly I am unable use/install the software I like.
- The first thing you need to do is to look for your hardware drivers. For laptop users, search the vendor sites. Mostly of them have driver sets for windows XP. Be careful.
- I have not tried it yet. Same problem, I have bought a vista home toshiba machine last year. But now I am planning to get rid of vista.
- I am taking following steps:
1. Buy windows xp retail
2. Buy a new hard drive
3. Download drivers from toshiba (vendor) site
4. Replace the old harddrive with the new one
5. install window xp
I think this should work. I will be doing this by next week. Will all you posted.