Startup beeps with blank monitor

Closed
Anthony - Jun 19, 2010 at 06:27 PM
 Anthony - Jun 19, 2010 at 07:12 PM
Hi I read up on an issue with booting beeps and tried the solution of removing ram and cleaning the computer by blowing the dust out. I still get a problem where it beeps 2short 1 long (continuous) and my LCD monitor won't display anything. It sounds like the computer is on the desktop though. I can shut it down using memorized keyboard commands... Any help? I have to use my itouch to get to here so I don't know how to reinstall the OS without being able to see what I'm doing. Do I need to take everything apart again and thoroughly clean it out? This is depressing :(

1 response

Nevermind! I just moved the RAM sticks over to different slots.. kept blowing on the sticks & slots, and sure enough sooner or later it worked! As I'm using my PC right now :) I also found out if you remove both sticks you get a 1short1long (eternal beepage) XD. But anyway if you have HP Pavillion Microsoft XP Media Center Edition 2005 and get 2 short beeps followed by 1 long beep, repeating about 5 or 6 times, then check your RAM sticks.