Router Problems

Closed
Stupid Dufus Posts 4 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010 - Jun 20, 2010 at 02:00 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Jun 21, 2010 at 09:40 AM
Hello,

It is a WBR-1310 D-Link.
I don't know how to check Ip settings (I have Vista)
Cable
Yes it happened all of a sudden

I can remember nothing that happened before this. There was a pop-up after I tried to install the router and when I got to a certain point it said there was a error of no internet going through router. When I had direct line from modem to pc the internet worked fine, but when I connected the modem to the router and the router to the pc I got a reading saying I only had local area connection, and sometimes it said limited or no connectivity. (Yes I have everything attached right I think)

Related:

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Jun 20, 2010 at 04:51 PM
make / model of router?
have you checked settings of your computer Ip address?
cable or landline?
did this issue happen all of a sudden?
can you remember if anything occured prior to the router loosing internet to pc?
Stupid Dufus Posts 4 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010
Jun 20, 2010 at 08:29 PM
It is a WBR-1310 D-Link.
I don't know how to check Ip settings (I have Vista)
Cable
Yes it happened all of a sudden

I can remember nothing that happened before this. There was a pop-up after I tried to install the router and when I got to a certain point it said there was a error of no internet going through router. When I had direct line from modem to pc the internet worked fine, but when I connected the modem to the router and the router to the pc I got a reading saying I only had local area connection, and sometimes it said limited or no connectivity. (Yes I have everything attached right I think)
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Jun 21, 2010 at 09:40 AM
have a read thru this page
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

what has happened, I think, is that the ip settings for your computer are wrong to connect to the router.

It's a simple task to change and will be shown how to on the above link.