My C drive is running on very low

Closed
shepjk - Jun 20, 2010 at 03:30 PM
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 - Jun 20, 2010 at 04:15 PM
Hello,

My C drive is running on very low memory. I have a 30Gig hard drive but there is only about 400mb free. I've tried removing programs but can't free up enough memory. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can't even run my disk defragmenter. I recently bought an external hard drive with 500gig but a lot of the programs require installation on the c drive such as Norton Antivrus.
Related:

1 response

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
Jun 20, 2010 at 04:15 PM
Click on my computer left click local disk click properties Here you will see the size of your hard drive and space used. From here you can do a Disk Cleanup on tools you can do a defragment and Error Checking.
Run Windows updates and download all critical updates.
Check for viruses and Malware/spyware You can download a malware program free from. https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ Music files, photos, videos take up lots of space move them to your external drive. Delete all programs that are not used anymore in Remove and Add Programs. 30gb is not so big nowdays as XP have so many new updates that take up space but are needed. Try upgrading to a bigger hard drive.