No volume?

Closed
Carly - Jun 21, 2010 at 01:33 PM
 computer nerd - Jul 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7, and the volume on my computer is not working. The various sounds when logging in, loading, or what have you, work, but when trying to play sound on a CD, DVD, or computer game do not. I get error signs when i try to play the CD in iTunes or Windows Media Player, and followed most of the directions on the web help page of the error, but i still can't seem to get the volume to work.

Yes, I've checked to see if it was on mute (it was not). Yes, I've tried restarting. nothing is working. Please help?

1 response

computer nerd
Jul 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
well, you didn't post what model it it, example: dell inspiron 1501, dell inspiron 1525, ect. so i can't give you the link directly for the audio driver, but i can give you this..... www.support.dell.com look under drivers, then tell it home computer, and select choose a model, then click laptop, inspiron laptop, and select the model (1501, 1525, ect.) , and confirm that you've selected the right model....select your operating system and category, in this case the category would be audio, it will narrow the drivers down for you, and give you a small list (normally only 1-4 drivers) and select the driver your after (most commonly a sigmatel driver) if you click on the name of the driver, you can look and see the description of each driver, and it will tell you how to download the driver