Can't format my 256MB flash drive

Closed
Laura - Jun 21, 2010 at 09:26 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 22, 2010 at 01:40 AM
I'm unable to format my 256MB USB flash drive. I think that I accidently deleted my thumb drive when deleting my picture and video from it. How can I restore the thumb drive? What ever that is. I remember getting that error message when deleting my files from flash drive. Please help, Thank you/
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 22, 2010 at 01:40 AM
Start your computer and plug in the flash drive in the USB port.

Click on "My Computer." Click on "Manage" in the "Explorer" window of "My Computer."

Open the "Device Manager" and locate your USBDrive installed under the "Disk Drives" tab. Right click on "Removable Disk Drive" and click on "Properties" from the menu.

Click on the "Policies" tab and choose "Optimize for Performance" from the options. Click "OK" and continue.

Click on "My Computer" and choose the format on the flash drive.

Choose "NTFS" or "FAT32" depending on the type you want from the dropdown menu box.

Click "OK" to complete the format.

Know the other method: Search for tools that allow easy format of flash drives over the Internet. GParted is a formatting tool that you can download from the Internet. Install GParted on your computer. Restart your computer and browse "System: Administration: Gnome Partition Editor."

Plug in your flash drive and start GParted. Login with password information.

Select the flash drive from the dropdown menu in the upper right window of the GParted interface. The list contains all the storage hardware installed on your computer.

Right click on the display of the drive icon and choose the "Format to" option along with the file system type you wish to format (FAT32, FAT16