Audio is not working in XP

Closed
Santosh - Jun 30, 2010 at 07:17 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Jun 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Please Help!

I have a AMD/ASUS mother Board . I have recently updated to service pack 2 and my sound stop working it. It is Realtek AC' 97Audio Device. There are no yellow exclamation marks under 'control panel/system/hardware/device manager'. However, No Audio Device was found under 'Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices'. The sound device is onboard.

I tried downloading the driver and reinstalling from Mother Board CD of ASUS, but that does not help. I tried uninstalling and then upgrading the original driver.

I double checked that the Audio Controller is enabled in the BIOS. I tried restoring the default values in BIOS. I tried upgrading the BIOS.

I tried restoring the Windows back to before the XP service pack 2 installation.

Even though i formatted my system too for Sound but it won't worked.

Please help me out.

THANKS IN advance
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Hi there,

Please do not duplicate questions it overloads forum,your question has been answered on previous post.

Thanks