Help me restore my computer. ......

Closed
Peanut - Jul 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM
 Gervarod - Jul 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Hello,

I made a mistake and openned Avast update, and a virus has taken over my computer. Or a virus was in my computer, and said I could not update "firewall" was off. Turn "on" firewall. I was tired and didn't think first. Now my i.p. address is gone, and I cannot get internet because no I.P Address can be located.
What steps do I take to get my computer running, and How can I prevent this from happening ?

1 response

Hello Peanut i think the virus may have turned on your Proxy setting on you have to unclick it to get access to the internet and you can turn on your firewall n by typing in firewall in you start menu and the icon should come up on it.

Removing proxy settings will allow you to properly connect to the Notre Dame network which does not require a proxy.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen and select "Internet Options".
3. Click on the "Connections" tab and then the "LAN Settings" button near the bottom.
4. In the next window, uncheck the box labled "Use a proxy server for your..." and then click "OK".

depends on what browser you use. like firefox..

#

Click the "Tools" tab in Firefox which will display a drop-down menu. Click "Options" from the menu.
#
Step 2

An Option Dialogue Box will appear. Select the "Advanced" tab.
#
Step 3

On the "Advanced" screen, click the "Network" tab, and then the "Settings" tab.
#
Step 4

Select the option that says "No Proxy."
#
Step 5

Click "OK," then click "OK" again on the next screen. You have now disabled the proxy settings.

Read more: How to Disable Proxy Settings in Firefox | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5062892_disable-proxy-settings-firefox.html#ixzz0smRG6jAi

then give us a Highjackthis log file so we can loook at what we can remove that is not a system file for you..

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

please click on do a scan and save a log file thn copy that then paste it on here for us..

someone may get back to you it maybe Ambucias or someone else that will.

but give them time to get on cos they are from different countries.

Regards, Gervarod