Audio device driver (for Aspire 7720z)

Closed
nerds Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen February 27, 2008 - Feb 16, 2008 at 09:48 AM
 burburiye - Jan 1, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Hi,
I downgrade my Aspire 7720z laptop from Vista to XP SP2.

Then I started to install all drivers, but my audio Realtek high definition card is still not recognized by the system (even after I patch it with the kb888111xpsp2).

There is only an audio controller and in its properties box I got this message "No driver installed for this device" with a sign of misfunction in the device management console.

Pretty strange, isn't it?

More strange : I found out that it's not possible to update the drivers for this device. When I choose this option (by right clicking) nothing happen (no box, no message, nada...)

When I want to uninstall this device I got this message: "Impossible because used by system !..."

Any idea what's going wrong? Should I just reformat and intall the all stuff again?

Any help would be really appreciate
Related:

15 responses

JustAsConfused
Jun 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM
Hi nerdz.
I'm having the same problem after I downgraded my Acer Aspire 7720-6208. I am unable to find an audio driver that works. I'm even using a Firewire external audio unit (Presonus Firepod) and even that's not working right.
I think I may have to (begrudgingly) go back to vista to get things to work right.

Any progress on your end??
JustAsConfused.
Jul 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Hi.
I tried Hiltonian's advice and, unfortunately, it did not work for me. I'm begrudgingly going back to Vista for the time being. I can't have a PC without sound, and nothing I tried has worked. I even tried updating the chipset, right from Acer's site, but that didn't help the situation much.

I hope others have better luck than I have had. Whoever decided Vista would be the end-all, be-all of operating systems should be tortured.

J.A.C.
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Feb 20, 2008 at 01:27 PM
Hi,
Try to download the Vista driver to the site of Acer : https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
Bye
dear sirs,
i got a windows vista ultimate 32x and as its known with vista its got many driver problems, i cant seem to work any usb storage device on it, it finds it but doesnt find the driver for it so it wont let me acces it, i tried goin through device manager i search online and in the harddisk for the driver to no avail.
where can i find a driver for it?
thnks in advance

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi

i got a problem and i need to download sound card for my PC can u tell me a site where it gives it for free
Hi

i got a problem and i need to download sound drivers for my laptop can u tell me a site where it gives it for free
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Jun 19, 2008 at 09:41 AM
hello,
On the support website of your computer's manufacturer.
Best regards
how do i get my sound device back???

Thanks wb please

Gem
couldn't get any sound from my PC (Dell Dimension E520)......
Hey Nerdz
i had the same issue... I was almost willing to live without audio rather than be dragged back into the morass of Vista.

Fortunately, i found half my answer on the Acer site, after a good bit of searching:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

their site wasn't super easy to navigate, but once I found this page, downloading the right driver was easy.

like i said, this was half the battle. the driver from this site did NOT work, however, it at least installed the correct manufacturer driver set. from there, DriverDetective ( https://www.driversupport.com/ ) was able to find and download the correct driver, and voila, audio works!

and best of all, no vista required! Whoot! $30 for Driver Detective was totally worth all time saved on driver hunting.

best of luck to you!
i have installed windows xp ultimate... and i also installed MSI mother board cd... still sound is not coming.. anyone help me please
sauravalwaysurs
Jul 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM
realtek driver is not getting installed in my acer aspire 4720z from acer dvd. what should i do?
You need to install hd (high definition) audio bus driver before you can install Realtek audio driver and modem driver (at least that is what happen to my laptop 7720-6712). Here is the way I did it. You need to reload original Acer MicroSuck windows Vista back on the pc. Then use Acer back up ultillity to back up driver to a blank dvd. Then load windows xp. In that dvd, there is a file name kb888111.exe (VERY IMPORTANT,OR YOUR SOUND WILL NOT WORK) run that file, when promt, let windows XP find the dirver from MicroSuck automaticly. After that, windows will promt you for sound card and modem, tell it to look for driver from the dvd. if not, you can download from Acer website. All the drivers for windows xp are in the dvd that i burned. That worked for me, I did not have to down load any driver. All device and YES, SOUND WORKKKK.

Good Luck
please help me with audio driver on high definition audio bus for win.XP
GuardianAngel
Aug 21, 2008 at 08:24 PM
Hi,

If you have a realtek audio device you can download the general device driver from the manufacturer from here. Make sure you have a realtek product, otherwise it will not work!

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Take care
thank you