Help with Deciding how to go about

Closed
nksoni Posts 7 Registration date Thursday July 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010 - Jul 8, 2010 at 08:30 PM
nksoni Posts 7 Registration date Thursday July 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010 - Jul 12, 2010 at 06:44 PM
Hello,

Im very new to VBA programming
have been having trouble getting a way out as how would i solve this

I have different worksheets
1st sheet --Some vendor information Priority(High,Med,Low) incl Start date and end date
2nd -Predictive High data on mon by month basis
3rd _predctive Med data on mon by mon basis
4th predctive Low data on mon by mon basis

What i wanted to do is compare the cell value of High, med or low
and then go to appropiate sheet pull out data in accordance with start date and end date
which are given in first sheet and then paste out that data on to a different sheet

Can someone please help me out pointing me in right direction
Im just everywhere now

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jul 8, 2010 at 08:38 PM
you need a macro. a small extract of the four sheets may be uploaded to
www.speedyshare.com without password.
nksoni Posts 7 Registration date Thursday July 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010
Jul 11, 2010 at 08:35 PM
Thanks Venkat for following it up
https://authentification.site/files/23342101/Vendor_Work_Model.xls
This is the link for sample worksheet data
Please help me to find a direction
Read so many books but really didnt help me to have my task done
nksoni Posts 7 Registration date Thursday July 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010
Jul 12, 2010 at 06:44 PM
Hi venkat did you get a chance to review it
is it possible to do this kind of thing, can you tell me some books or some site sample projects so that i can get this task done
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jul 11, 2010 at 09:42 PM
I have downloaded the file "vendor work model.xls" and saved in my computer.

I read your first messge. It is not clear what you want? Give some examples.

For e.g in the sheet "projects" again Project A and High the value is 6 in the cell C2. the start date is april 10 and the end date is Jun 10. I presume vendor name is not relevant.
Now go to the sheet"high". In this sheet it is not clear which is start month the columnA or row 5 and which is the end month . what is to be done with this 6??????

Give one more example also.

What is that sheet called "work data"

Can you clarify all the pints and also give any additional points which can help me to write the macro. clearly what is in your mind.

Greetings.
Jul 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Hello,

Thank u so much venkat
i have Projects where complexity of projects and vendor are given
depnding upon the complexity i have to drill data from the specfied work sheets
the ref would be start month/duration or if its simple it may be end of the month
and then copy that to new worksheet possibly for every vendor

This would tell us generically how much is the vendor busy in a time peroid which would be drawnn using graphs thats the whole idea behind it

In Regards to the work data im sorry to confuse u i was trying to work on that so it should be blank instead of data on it

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.6