Screen only works in low resolution

Solved/Closed
cjsimo99 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010 - Jul 15, 2010 at 08:23 PM
cjsimo99 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010 - Jul 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Hello,

I hate to bring up the old moitor loses signal at windows load screen again, but here we go.

Like many others on an earlier post I have the same problem above. I was playing a new game I installed and the screen changed to low res on its own (pink lines running down the screen etc) and then the system froze mid-play. The computer will only get to windows through VGA mode or safe mode. I have uninstalled-reinstalled video drivers countless times, disabled startup and Windows services under the msconfig display to check for software clashes, tried to alter resolutions (monitor would just lose signal). Checked the bios where there doesnt seem to be any option for video. I dont believe there is any other graphice option apart from the nvidia card.

Now, I think one difference in my case is that the monitor displays in low res from the second it starts-up, at the bios/maker load screen. I am not sure if that was happening with anyone else. Also, I have two hard drives both with Windows XP, my second hard drive has an earlier version of windows XP and drivers as I never use it. That is also only working in VGA or safe mode and when it starts up, it says it cannot find the graphic card information, even afer new drivers etc.

So, I am coming to the conclusion that my Nvidia GS 7600 card is fried. Before, I buy another one I wanted to run it past some other people for their impressions. If you have any other ideas I havent tried, it would be greatly appreciated..........

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 16, 2010 at 06:18 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider upgrading the graphic card to get free of the trouble.

Thank you.
cjsimo99 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Yeap, you were right. Graphics card was fried.
Thanks.