Wireless internet not working on laptop.

Closed
kelseyelise Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2010 - Jul 18, 2010 at 06:41 PM
 Nn. - Oct 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Hello,
I have an HP DV6000 (which all together I do not like at all) and just solved one problem of it not starting correctly. Now that it has booted up, it will not connect to the wireless internet or play any audio. On the icon for internet connection I get the message " The dependency service or group failed to start." When I click diagnose, it tells me that windows can not resolve the problem. My wireless router is fine. Any ideas on how to fix it? All are appreciated!
thanks in advance(:
ps. I dont know if this helps but it is running off of windows vista..
Related:

2 responses

bryztech Posts 10 Registration date Monday July 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2010
Jul 19, 2010 at 08:19 AM
hi kelseyelise,

Did you reinstall your Windows Vista in your computer? If so, try running 'sfc /scannow' in command prompt to fix possible services and registry errors after reinstalling Windows Vista.

Just go to Start>All Programs>Accessories> right-click on Command prompt, then click on Run as administrator>type in 'sfc /scannow' to start scanning.

If this doesn't work, let me know.
My laptop have been same like that. I hve tried to make that you've tell but it doesn't work. Wifi is connecting with my laptop. But when I want to use an internet, it cannot work. I don't know why. Can you help me?
gavinol Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2010
Jul 19, 2010 at 09:14 AM
when you getting window can not resolve the problem. it mean wifi key or security key is not propely install in your wifi modem for that you open your modem page and put there wifi key and restart modem..and if you don't remeber your security or wifi key then you should contact with your service provider.